In the fall of 2013 I took on the task of totally rebuilding the Northern Trust Open website into a fully responsive design to cater to the mobile and tablet audience. The site was originally designed a year before, so a major challenge was to keep the core functionalty the same while allowing for a rich experience across all devices. The site was built around a content management system called Site Publisher, so the UX had to be build with the content management system's component/template structure in mind.
Category: Professional Work
In 2013 Northern Trust embarked on a total redesign of Flexshares.com, one of the company’s primary investment sites. While the design and user experience was initialy put together by an outside agency, the decision was made to build the site in house using our Web Publishing department’s implementation of Interwoven Site Publisher. I was brought on to the project to ensure the site would be built to specifications from a design standpoint, as well as to implement a semi-responsive layout for easier tablet readability.
My Key Contributions:
- All CSS development, working with front end developers in Web Publishing who built the HTML.
- Rethinking and redesigning of several site components to better fit the business’s needs.
- Quality control on initial build.
My Key Contributions:
- User experience design, from initial concept to build.
- Visual design merging Northern Trust brand standards with print and marketing materials from the campaign.
- Fully responsive device agnostic HTML5/CSS3 development, from mobile to tablet to desktop.
- Quality assurance testing, site optimization and deployment to production
Path Forward is a private site. Contact me for more informaiton.
- Adapting, developing and protecting the Northern Trust brand on various new digital mediums.
- User experience design for sites ranging from small landing pages to major client facing information centers.
- Visual design for any and all web sites built around the Northern Trust brand.
- Front end development for internal and external Northern Trust websites, focusing on HTML and CSS and responsive design.
Note: I left Web Works in 2010 to pursue opportunities in Chicago. Many of the links sites may have been modified slightly from my original designs since my departure.
This category covers web design, print design and illustration I have done throughout my professional career. It is broken up into several sections:
I currently work as Lead Designer for a Chicago based tech company called PerkSpot. I don’t currently have any of my work with PerkSpot in this portfolio, but you can check out the marketing site I designed in mid-2014 here.
I worked at Northern Trust from 2012-2014 as Senior Web Designer.
I worked at Cappex from 2010-2012 as Web Designer and Developer.
I worked at Web Works from 2008-2012 as Senior Web Designer.
Every once in a while I like to pick up Freelance projects, usually because I’m either interested in the subject matter, or I want to help out a friend.